This page is currently under maintenance, its content are outdated and the vocabulary does not match the standards of the rest of the Girls und Panzer Wiki. This characters list does not include the characters from the considerably recent released Girls und Panzer Der Film and all characters that only appear on manga or supplemental materials.
The following is a complete list of characters separated by educational institutions, such as high schools and colleges from Girls und Panzer Projekt that includes the animated series, Girls und Panzer, Girls und Panzer der Film, the OVAs and related, the original manga Girls und Panzer, Girls und Panzer: Fierce Fight! It's the Maginot Battle!, the official spin-off manga Girls und Panzer: Ribbon Warrior, Girls und Panzer: Little Army and Girls und Panzer: Motto Love Love Sakusen Desu!, official art-books and other official supplemental materials which follows different groups of schoolgirls who practice Sensha-Dou, also known as the art of tankery.
Anzio Girls High School
- Main Article: Anzio Girls High School
Anzio High School (アンツィオ高校 Antsio Kōkō) is an Italian style academy from Aichi Prefecture which uses the Carro Armato P40, L3/33, Semovente da 75/18, and M13/40. Anzio High is a rather poor school, as all they could send to Ooarai as present for their victory in the Sensha-dou tournament were canned anchovies on sales and they had to save money for quite a while before being able to buy the P40; however, contrary to a few other schools, it's a private institute created to promote Italian culture in Japan. In the manga MLLSD, Ooarai and Anzio maintain a relationship full of provocations, with black market, spying, territory invasion and kinapping of students as POWs. It is named after the Battle of Anzio. The school insignia is a pizza. Their battle songs are “Funiculì, Funiculà”, a popular Neapolitan song and “Fiamme Nere” (“Black Flames”), “Arditi’s” battle march.
- Main Article: Anchovy
- Anchovy (アンチョビ Anchobi), real name Chiyomi Anzai.
- Voiced by Maya Yoshioka (Japanese); Kira Vincent-Davis (English).
- Anchovy, commonly known as Duce is Anzio’s overall commander and tank commander, who uses a Carro Armato P40 heavy tank during the fight against Ooarai in the 62nd Sensha-Dou Toournament. She wears an hybrid uniform combining Black Shirts (high boots, black shirt), similar to that of Benito Mussolini, the “grigio-verde” (grey and green), used by Italian troops during the Great War, and Arditi’s (knife and necktie). Anchovy’s personality widely differs between manga and anime (OVA). In the manga, she is a self-confident, hot-blooded, sometimes even cruel leader, seeing every Sensha-Dou battle as personal duel between the leaders. Due to this attitude she even tends to insult enemies before a match, calling them weak and cowardly, in the OVA she resembles all the classical stereotypes about the Italians: she is joyful, cheerful, a bit too self-confident and out of the battle she acts friendly and respectfully with the opponents. She takes Sensha-Dou as an opportunity to show the abilities to make the difference independently of brute force and firepower; for this, she is also respected by her teammates, with whom she has an equal relationship, that calls her “Onēsan” (“お姉さん”). However, she also cares about her subordinates, is a capable tactician and believes leaders have a responsibility to win the match for their team.
- Main Article: Carpaccio
- Carpaccio (カルパッチョ Karupatcho).
- Voiced by Saori Hayami (Japanese); Christina Stroup (English).
- One of Anzio’s sub-commanders, whose real name is Hina. She is rather cool and an honorable opponent, always wishing for a good and fair match. She is the commander/loader of a Semovente da 75/18 in the OVA, the commander of the M13/40 Flag Tank in manga and the navigator of a CV-33 in the movie. She is childhood friends with Caesar.
- Main Article: Pepperoni
- Pepperoni (ペパロニ Peparoni).
- Voiced by Yō Taichi (Japanese); Christina Kelly (English).
- The other Anzio’s sub-commander, she is the commander and on some occasions the driver of her tank. She is smart and extrovert, but a bit too impulsive. She is also a great cooker and an excellent driver, being able to drive in the water and in a ferris-wheel.
BC Freedom High School
Bellwall Girls High School Academy
A run down school, with a high volume of delinquent and misfit students in their Sensha-dou department. Their tanks inventory include: Tiger I, Jagdpanther, Elefant, Panzer IV, T-34/85 and Panzer II.
- Main Article: Emi Nakasuga
- Emi Nakasuga (中須賀 エミ Nakasuga Emi).
- Miho’s classmate during elementary school in the prequel manga, “Girls und Panzer: Little Army”. A half-German, half-Japanese girl in twin-tails who had a cold demeanor and hates dishonesty. She strongly disliked Maho because of her order to fire at her sister’s tank during a tournament when she was attempting to rescue one of Maho’s teammates. She was the driver of the group’s tank. She is currently attending Bellwall and managed to become the overall commander and commander of her tank, a Tiger I.
- Hitomi Yuzumoto (柚本 瞳 Yuzumoto Hitomi).
- Miho’s classmate in elementary school, who’s a bit clumsy and tends to transition from one hobby to another very quickly, causing her friends to wonder if Sensha-Dou is merely a phase. She was the loader of the group’s tank. She is currently attending Bellwall, being the only one to care about their Sensha-Dou team before Emi enrolled. She serves as the loader in the Tiger I.
Neko Yamamori (The Shark)
- One of the two delinquent leaders, the commander of the Jagdpanther. Formerly the unofficial captain (as her predecessor neglected to select her successor), until she appointed Emi Nakasuga to be their leader or "manager".
Chiyufu Doi (The Bear)
- One of the two delinquent leaders, the commander of the
Youko is the energetic commander of the T-44. She's high spirited and doesn't really fit into the 'delinquent' theme of bellwall. She claims that the Chinese tanks are her favorite.
Kanako and Tsurugiko Kashiwaba
- Nicknamed the Baka-shiwaba Sisters by Emi.
- A pair of twins that are impulsive, aggressive and overtly proud, despite physically having a small stature. They are very good at driving and are the President and Vice President of the Automotive Club. Are known to be quite wealthy, being able to buy some new tanks for Bellwall's Sensha-Dou club and a Type 10 JGSDF MBT, although the latter is not legible for official Sensha-Dou matches. Both of them operate a Panzer II.
- Former West Kureouji Grona student that was initially sent to spy on Bellwall. After a change of heart, she became the gunner of the Tiger I.
- Radio Operator of the Tiger I.
- Driver of the Tiger I. Fond of wearing hoodies. She has a stoic personality, occasionaly showing expressions of shock.
Bonple Girls High School
Gilbert High School
Jatkosota Girls High School
- Main Article: Mika
- Mika (ミカ Micah)
- Voice￼ by Mamiko Noto (Japanese); Lauren Herink (English).
- Little is known about Mika, except that she is the overall commander of Jatkosota Girls High School Sensha-Dou team and the commander of her tank, a BT-42. She has a calm and relaxed personality, maintaining composure the entire time regardless the situation. She constantly recites proverbs, similar to Darjeeling. She has a hidden thief personality, as she stole a tank from Pravda and the food from Selection University. She is currently on school vacation with unclear objectives, but collecting tanks they find on the trip on remote areas. She plays a kantele.
Main Article: Aki
- Aki (アキ Aki).
- Voiced by Shino Shimoji (Japanese); Melissa Molano (English).
- Little is known about Aki, except that she is the gunner of a BT-42. She is mostly seen with Mika and usually doesn't understand her proverbs. She is a skilled gunner. Disabling the three Pershings they encountered during their participation in the annihilation match against Selection University, albeit, they were also destroyed. She is accompanying Mika and Mikko in their vacation trip.
- Main Article: Mikko
- Mikko (ミッコ Mikko).
- Voiced by: Miho Ishigami (Japanese); Jenny Strader (English).
- Little is known about Mikko, except that she is the driver of a BT-42. She is only seen with her teammates crewing the tank and piloting their boat. She is an excellent tank driver, being able to make full use of her tank. She is accompanying Mika and Aki in their vacation trip. Based on the Drama CD she is a good wild hunter.
Kuromorimine Girls High School
- Main Article: Kuromorimine Girls High School
Kuromorimine Girls High School (黒森峰女学園 Kuromorimine Jogakuen) is a German styled academy from Kumamoto Prefecture. The name of Kuromorimine is German for "Black Forest". They were the national champions nine times in a row until their defeat in the previous year by Pravda Girls High School. They have one of the largest tank inventory, that includes several models like the Tiger I, Tiger II, Panzer III, Jagdpanzer IV, Panther, Jagdpanther, Elefant, Jagdtiger and Maus. The school insignia is an Iron Cross with the kanji for Kuromorimine superimposed on top. The school themes include “Erika (song)” and the “Panzerlied”.
- Main Article: Maho Nishizumi
- Maho Nishizumi (西住 まほ Nishizumi Maho).
- Voiced by Rie Tanaka (Japanese); Kim Prause (English).
- Kuromorimine’s overall commander and Miho’s older sister who commands a Tiger I tank. Though often cold and expressionless, she does seem to acknowledge Miho’s strength. Since the Nishizumi school is passed from mother to daughter she is expected to inherit the school and carry out the Nishizumi style of Sensha-dou when their mother steps down. It is revealed in “Little Army” that she acts aloof because it is expected of her as the Nishizumi heir and she plays that role so that Miho can find her own way on life, as the Nishizumi style is too cold, strict and unfeeling for her. Despite her facade, Maho apologizes to Miho when she upsets her by acting coldly and is disturbed by their mother’s planning to disown Miho. After her defeat against Miho, Maho accepts her loss and is pleased that Miho has found her own way of Sensha-dou.
- Main Article: Erika Itsumi
- Erika Itsumi (逸見 エリカ Itsumi Erika).
- Voiced by Hitomi Nabatame (Japanese); Elizabeth Bannor (English).
- Kuromorimine’s co-commander, who criticizes Miho and the Ooarai team more openly and vocally than Maho. She takes Sensha-dou very seriously, viewing it as almost sacred and looks down on Miho and her friends, believing they might bring shame to the name of Sensha-dou. Is able to pilot a Focke-Achgelis Fa 223, Zeppelin and commands a Tiger II tank. After her loss to Ooarai High School team, she finally admits and accepts her defeat and moves on.
- Koume Akaboshi (赤星 小梅 Koume Akaboshi)
- Voiced by: Eri Sendai (Japanese)
- The commander of a Panther G tank. Was saved by Miho Nishizumi when her tank fell into the water. Has been grateful to her ever since.
- A recent transfer student from Germany. Previously attended school with Emi Nakasuga and was part of her Sensha-dou team as well. Believes Sensha-dou is all about teamwork, while Nakasuga used to exhibit selfish and individualistic tendencies. Held a grudge against her as a result.
- Main Article: Jagdpanther Commander
- Fan name: Ritaiko.
- The commander of the Jagdpanther in the battle against Ooarai and the commander of a Panther in the battle against Selection University.
- Main Article: Panther Commander
- Fan name: Geshiko.
- The commander of one of the Panther G tanks present at the battle against Ooarai. Known for being the first to spot the intruding Hetzer during the match and possibly commanding the left flank.
Panzer III Commander
- Main Article: Panzer III Commander
- Fan name: Sangou.
- The commander for the Panzer III that was at the battle against Ooarai. Served a reconnaissance and baiting role during the match. Known for her near-maniacal taunting.
- Main Article: Maus Commander
Maginot Girls High School
Ooarai Girls High School
- Main Article: Ooarai Girls High School
Ooarai Prefectural Girls High School (県立大洗女子学園 Kenritsu Ōarai Joshi Gakuen) is the school ship stationed in Ōarai, Ibaraki that had a Sensha-dou program that was abolished years ago and has just been recently re-instituted. They are thus forced to make do with whatever leftover tanks they have been able to find and unlike the other teams, field a hodgepodge of tanks from various countries. The school insignia is the two kanji for Ooarai superimposed atop one another in stylized form. All of the protagonists are students from the school and members of it's Sensha-dou team while being divided into teams with their own respective tanks with Miho serving as overall commander. To date there are currently eight teams:
- Main Article: Anglerfish Team
The main protagonists make up the Anglerfish Team (あんこうチーム Ankō Chīmu) of Ooarai Girls High School’s Sensha-dou team. They were assigned the German Panzer IV Ausf. D, armed with the short-barreled 7.5 cm KwK 37 gun that is mostly used for infantry support. The tank was later upgraded to a Panzer IV Ausf. F2 when they found a long-barreled 75mm KwK 40 anti-tank cannon which was being used to hang clothes out to dry that were left by the Leopon Team on the deactivated school facilities area. It was upgraded again to Ausf. H for the Sensha-dou tournament finals match by adding “Schürzen” spaced armour.
- Main Article: Miho Nishizumi
- Miho Nishizumi (西住 みほ Nishizumi Miho).
- Voiced by Mai Fuchigami (Japanese); Margaret McDonald (English).
- Miho, a girl who transferred to Ooarai from Kuromorimine Girls High School, she was trying to avoid tanks and anything related to them, even tough she comes from a family that has tradition with tanks and the sport. In Ooarai she tries to have a life with regular friends, however she sees herself forced to join the school's newly restructured Sensha-Dou team, becoming the commander of her tank and the overall commander of the school's team.
- Main Article: Saori Takebe
- Saori Takebe (武部 沙織 Takebe Saori).
- Voiced by Ai Kayano (Japanese); Jessica Calvello (English).
- A ginger-haired girl who is interested in seeking to become a perfect bride and a good-looking men to be her boyfriend and consequently, husband, but is often left disappointed. She serves as Anglerfish Team’s radio operator, mostly because according to Miho while assigning the crewing positions, she is good at small talk. She is also one of the two girls who befriended Miho during her first day. She is the main protagonist of the novel adaptation.
- Main Article: Hana Isuzu
- Hana Isuzu (五十鈴 華 Isuzu Hana).
- Voiced by Mami Ozaki (Japanese); Caitlynn French (English).
- A beautiful girl who has a gentle and composed demeanor. In the anime, she was originally the driver but after experiencing the thrilling ring of shots being fired, she becomes the Anglerfish Team’s gunner. She is also one of the two girls who befriended Miho during her first day. Hana comes from a family which traditionally practices Ikebana, the art of flower arrangement.
- Main Article: Yukari Akiyama
- Yukari Akiyama (秋山 優花里 Akiyama Yukari).
- Voiced by Ikumi Nakagami (Japanese); Rebekah Stevens (English).
- An excitable girl who is obsessed with tanks, militaria and military field survival techniques, though this often led her to be very lonely during her childhood. Yukari joined the Panzer class and became friends with with the rest of the Anglerfish Team. Was originally Anglerfish Team’s gunner, but later volunteered for the loader position. She admires Miho and even calls her “Nishizumi-dono”. She is the main protagonist of the original manga adaptation, where she is the temporary commander of the Char B1 bis.
- Main Article: Mako Reizei
- Mako Reizei (冷泉 麻子 Reizei Mako).
- Voiced by Yuka Iguchi (Japanese); Molly Searcy (English).
- A gloomy girl and Saori’s childhood friend. Despite having generally good grades, she is often late as she has hypotension and has a habit of falling asleep anywhere; for this reason, she hates getting up early. Mako’s participation in Sensha-dou is necessary to offset the demerits from her lateness that would otherwise result in her being held back. She serves as the Anglerfish Team’s driver after joining the team during their first practice battle and being the smartest student among the class, she can read the manual of any tank on the fly and drive it perfectly.
- Main Article: Turtle Team
The Turtle Team (カメさんチーム Kame-san Chīmu) is made up of the school’s student council and initially uses a Czech Panzer 38(t) until the tenth episode of the anime when it is converted into a Hetzer tank destroyer atop the chassis of the 38(t). The three girls’ given names are the names of fruits in Japanese.
- Main Article: Anzu Kadotani
- Anzu Kadotani (角谷 杏 Kadotani Anzu).
- Voiced by Misato Fukuen (Japanese); Rozie Curtis (English).
- Student Council's President and Turtle Team’s tank commander and radio operator, who is manipulative, childish, carefree and a glutton all at once. She forced Miho to participate in Sensha-dou, saying that if Miho did not, she would see to it that she would not be attending the school next year. Later, it is revealed that she did this because the school is at risk of being closed should they not win the tournament. She is often seen eating dried sweet potatoes. On occasion, she will take over the gunner’s spot in the tank and ends up being a much better shooter than Momo.
- Main Article: Yuzu Koyama
- Yuzu Koyama (小山 柚子 Koyama Yuzu).
- Voiced by Mikako Takahashi (Japanese); Maeghan Avocado (English).
- Student Council's Vice-President and the team’s driver. She is a brown-haired, well endowed girl who works mostly in the Student Council, doing all the work Anzu allocates her, sometimes ending up working alone or performing task that are not all related with the duties of a student council member.
- Main Article: Momo Kawashim
- Momo Kawashima (河嶋 桃 Kawashima Momo).
- Voiced by Kana Ueda (Japanese); Kendall McClellan (English).
- Student Council's PR Manager and the team’s gunner and loader. Although she largely appears composed and calm, she loses her temper easily and when she is angry and shooting at the same time, she completely disregards aiming. Despite being calm and short tempered, she is sensitive and easily breaks down. She is only seen smiling once in a picture during her freshman year and briefly during the second OVA, denying whenever someone affirms or notices it.
- Main Article: Duck Team
The Duck Team (アヒルさんチーム Ahiru-san Chīmu) is composed of former volleyball club members and uses a Japanese Type 89B. Their names are based on successful Japanese volleyball players.
- Main Article: Noriko Isobe.
- Main Article: Taeko Kondou
- Main Article: Shinobu Kawanish
- Main Article: Akebi Sasaki
- Main Article: Hippo Team
- Main Article: Caesar
- Caesar (カエサル Kaesaru)/Takako Suzuki (鈴木 貴子 Suzuki Takako).
- Voiced by Eri Sendai (Japanese); Shannon Emerick (English).
- Takako Suzuki, nom-de-guerre “Caesar”, is the team’s loader and unofficial co-commander. Her nickname “Caesar” refers to Julius Caesar and she favors a red sagum like that of Roman magistrates.
- Main Article: Erwin
- Erwin (エルヴィン Eruvin)/Riko Matsumoto (松本 里子 Matsumoto Riko)
- Voiced by Satomi Moriya (Japanese); Luci Christian (English).
- Riko Matsumoto, nom-de-guerre “Erwin”, is the team’s tank commander and radio operator. Her nickname “Erwin” is a reference to Field Marshal Erwin Rommel and she typically wears a peaked cap and a desert tan field jacket.
- Main Article: Saemonza
- Saemonza (左衛門佐)/Kiyomi Sugiyama (杉山 清美 Sugiyama Kiyomi).
- Voiced by Yuka Inoue (Japanese); Tiffany Terrell (English).
- Kiyomi Sugiyama, nom-de-guerre “Saemonza”, is the team’s gunner. Her nickname “Saemonza” refers to Sanada Yukimura, whose banner (with six golden coins instead of black ones) she habitually wears as a headband.
- Main Article: Oryou
- Main Article: Rabbit Team
The Rabbit Team (ウサギさんチーム Usagi-san Chīmu) is composed of six first-year students and operates what is referred to as an American M3 Lee.
- Main Article: Azusa Sawa
- Main Article: Ayumi Yamagou
- Main Article: Karina Sakaguchi
- Karina Sakaguchi (阪口 桂利奈 Sakaguchi Karina).
- Voiced by Konomi Tada (Japanese); Monica Rial (English).
- The team’s driver. According to the manga MLLSD she is a big fan of manga and her morning mood can be determined by the prior night's anime runs. For example, if she watches a great anime, she will be on high mood, however, if she misses an anime, she will be on a state like of depression.
- Main Article: Yuuki Utsugi
- Main Article: Saki Maruyama
- Saki Maruyama (丸山 紗希 Maruyama Saki)..
- Voiced by Mikako Komatsu (Japanese).
- The team’s loader for the tank’s turret-mounted 37mm gun. She never speaks until the last episode, when she tells her team where to shoot to disable the Elefant, and the others are surprised to hear her speak.
- Main Article: Aya Oono
- Aya Oono (大野 あや Ōno Aya).
- Voiced by Chuna (Japanese); Juliet Simmons (English).
- The team’s gunner for the tank’s turret-mounted 37mm gun. In the manga, she temporarily took on the role of gunner for the hull-mounted 75mm gun of the B1 bis during Ooarai Girls High School’s match against Anzio Girls High School. She is very fond of her cellphone and the internet, relaying on it to get all sorts of information, however, as a common cliche, she is usually flirted on unusual situations.
- Main Article: Mallard Team
The Mallard Team (カモさんチーム Kamo-san Chīmu) is composed of the three members of Ooarai’s Public Morals Committee and operates a French Char B1 bis. In the anime series, they make their debut in the semi-finals against Pravda, while in the manga the tank, albeit with a different crew, joins the competition one round earlier, against Anzio.
- Main Article: Midoriko Sono
- Midoriko Sono (園 みどり子 Sono Midoriko).
- Voiced by Shiori Izawa (Japanese); Tiffany Grant(English).
- The team’s tank commander and radio operator, as well as the gunner and loader for the tank’s turret-mounted 47mm gun. She is leader of the Public Morals Committee and is often seen taking attendance at the school's entrance and constantly reprimands Mako for showing up late. She becomes irritated whenever she is called by her nickname, Sodoko.
- Main Article: Moyoko Gotou
- Main Article: Nozomi Konparu
- Main Article: Anteater Team
The Anteater Team (アリクイさんチーム Arikui-san Chīmu) is formed of a group of nerdy girls who often play online games, actually meeting each other in real life for the first time when they form a team for the Sensha-dou finals. They drive a Japanese Type 3 Chi-Nu medium tank.
- Main Article: Nekota
- Main Article: Momoga
- Momoga (ももがー).
- Voiced by Masayo Kurata (Japanese); Olivia Swasey (English).
- The team’s driver, she wears a peach shaped eye-patch.
- Main Article: Piyotan
- Main Article: Leopon Team
The Leopon Team(レオポンさんチーム Reopon-san Chīmu) consists of member from Ooarai’s automotive club, who are also responsible to do the repairs on the tanks in between matches, possibly from the very beginning. They join just before the finals match, driving a prototype tank that the Rabbit team found in episode 7 on the external area of the ship. The tank is a Tiger (P), also known as Porsche Tiger, which sports a 8.8cm KwK 36 gun. As members of the Automotive club, their names are derived from famous Japanese racing drivers.
- Main Article: Nakajima
- HoshinoMain Article: Hoshino
- Main Article: Suzuki
- Main Article: Tsuchiya
- Tsuchiya (ツチヤ).
- Voiced by Eri Kitamura (Japanese); Luci Christian (English).
- The team’s driver. Her name refers to Keiichi Tsuchiya, former Japanese GT & Sports-car racer known as ‘Drift King’. He originated the use of the .AE86 in drifting and is also known for touge (mountain pass) driving. Tshuchiya was a key consultant to the Initial D” team in devising the Manga.
Pravda Girls High School
- Main Article: Pravda Girls High School
Pravda High School (プラウダ高校 Purauda Kōkō) is a Russian styles academy from Hokkaido and the 62nd Sensha-Dou champions. The name “Pravda” literally translates as “truth” in Russian and refers to the Soviet newspaper Pravda. Their insignia consists of two overlapping steel square crossed with a T-square and small scissors on top, imitating the hammer and sickle design of the flag of the Soviet Union. A red star on their uniform is an imitation of the Red Army five-pointed star. They make use of several T-34 and T-34 medium tanks, but also use heavy tanks like the IS-2 and KV-2. Their battle songs are “Polyushko-polye” and “Katyusha (song)”.
- Main Article: Katyusha
- Katyusha (カチューシャ Kachūsha).
- Voiced by Hisako Kanemoto (Japanese); Hilary Haag (English).
- Pravda’s overall commander. Katyusha is a spoiled and arrogant girl who suffers from Napoleon complex due to her diminutive size and thus tends to look down on her opponents, often having the very tall Nonna give her a ride on her shoulders so she can be above others. However, she is also a capable strategist and charismatic leader, proven by her school’s successes during Sensha-Dou and the absolute loyalty of her comrades. Despite appearing as mean and aggressive, she still shows good sportsmanship, as seen when she shakes hands with and compliments Miho.
- Main Article: Nonna
- Nonna (ノンナ Nonna).
- Voiced by Sumire Uesaka (Japanese); Shannon Emerick (English).
- Pravda’s co-command who has a calm and cool demeanor, hardly showcasing any emotions and follows every order from Katyusha. She and her commander also share a deep bond, as Nonna acts very motherly towards Katyusha and can even correct her without being yelled at much.
- Main Article: Klara
- Klara (クラーラ Klara).
- Voiced by: Zhenya (Japanese).
- Making her debut in the movie, she transferred to Pravda recently, but managed to become part of Katyusha's trusted team in a short length of time. She commands a T-34-85. She is a good strategist and very calm, even under unfavorable conditions during Sensha-Dou matches. She likes Katyusha just like Nonna does, however, their relationship is still developing. She initially collected data about Katyusha through the agency her father works for, possibly KGB.
- Main Article: Nina
- Nina (ニーナ Nina).
- Voiced by: Saki Ogasawara (Japanese); Olivia Swasey (OVA), Karlii Hoch (Movie) (English).
- The commander and loader of the KV-2, a rather naive and gullible freshman; she appears in the fifth OVA, where she unsuspectingly relates information about Pravda's situation to a disguised Yukari and Erwin which is a factor to Pravda's defeat. In the movie, even though the KV-2 was taken out early in the game, her tank's sacrifice allowed Katyusha to escape.
- The commander for Katyusha's Volunteer Army (KVA), the Tankathalon branch of Pravda's Sensha-dou team. She commands 16 T-70 light tanks alongside Alina.
- Voiced by: Kanami Satō (Japanese); Natalie Rial (English).
- She is the second loader of the KV-2, she is seemed to be a little bit smarter than Nina, even suspecting about Yukari and Erwin when Nina gave them Pravda's intel. In Motto Love Love Sakusen Desu, she is always seen accompanied by Nina.
- The vice-commander for Katyusha's Volunteer Army (KVA), the Tankathalon branch of Pravda's Sensha-dou team. She commands 16 T-70 light tanks alongside Nina.
Saunders Girls High School
- Main Article: Saunders Girls High School
Saunders University High School (サンダース大学付属高校 Sandāsu Daigaku Fuzoku Kōkō) is an American styled academy from Nagasaki Prefecture. The school name is an homage to Sergeant "Chip" Saunders, the second protagonist in the American 60s' World War II-themed TV drama Combat!. Out of all the Sensha-Dou schools they have the most resources and a huge supply of tanks. They own numerous M4 Sherman tanks, including variants such as the M4 Sherman and the M4 Sherman. Their battle themes are “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” and the “US Field Artillery”. Their insignia is a Thunderbolt and five-pointed star atop a Escutcheon.
- Main Article: Kay
- Main Article: Naomi
- Naomi (ナオミ Naomi).
- Voiced by Mariya Ise (Japanese).
- One of the Saunders Sensha-dou co-commanders and a Sherman Firefly gunner, specialized in distance shooting. She is calm and cool, often seen chewing gum.
- Main Article: Alisa
- Alisa (アリサ Arisa).
- Voiced by Aya Hirano (Japanese); Brittney Karbowski (English).
- A manipulative co-commander of the Saunders Sensha-Dou team, who makes use of every advantage she can get to win, including wire-tapping radio communications and other sorties of spying against her adversaries. She also depicted as sensitive, as when she gets emotionally anger when someone talks about a boy she likes called Takashi. She is the commander of the Flying Tankers Volunteer Group, the Tankathlon branch of Saunders' Sensha-dou team.
- Main Article: Helmet-chan
- The loader and second-in-command to Alisa. Usually acts as the tsukkomi to Alisa's more ridiculous and impulsive antics in the manga. Wears a tanker helmet with two strands of hair sticking out the center. She is the co-commander of the Flying Tankers Volunteer Group, the Tankathlon branch of Saunders' Sensha-dou team.
- Main Article: Alice Shimada
- Alice Shimada (愛里寿 Airi Kotobuki)
- Voiced by Ayana Taketatsu (Japanese); Shenae'a Moore (English).
- The daughter of Shyo Shimada, the head of the Shimada Sensha-Dou Style House, making Alice a heir as for now she does not have any known sisters. She is a 13 years old girl who skipped grades and went straight to college. She attends Selection University, as she is too young, she feels lonely in the college environment, even being unable to bond with her Lieutenants and is the Overall Commander of the Strengthening Team and the commander of her tank, a Centurion A41. She is a skilled Sensha-Dou practitioner.
The three co-commanders of the Selection University Strengthened Team. The three are close friends and express a desire to include Alice Shimada into their friendship group. Each is a skilled Sensha-Dou practitioner.
- Main Article: Azumi
- Azumi (メグミ Azumi).
- Voiced by: Yuko Iida (Japanese); Melissa Pritchett (English).
- Azumi is a tall girl with light brown hair and turquoise eyes. She wears the Selection University Sensha-dou jacket, but doesn't wear the hat, nor the shirt and tie that comes with it.
- Little is known about Azumi, except that she was a high school student from BC Freedom before enrolling college and is the commander of a M26 Pershing with a red square painted on the front side.
- Main Article: Megum
- Megumi (メグミ Megumi).
- Voiced by: Ayumi Fujimura (Japanese); Carolyn Medrano (English).
- Megumi is a tall girl with long dark brown hair and grayish blue eyes. She is usually seen wearing the Selection University Sensha-dou team uniform and hat.
- Little is known about Megumi, except that she was a high school student from Saunders before enrolling college and is the commander of a M26 Pershing with a yellow diamond painted on the front side.
- Main Article: Rumi
- Rumi (ルミ Lumi).
- Voiced by: Mai Nakahara (Japanese); Autumn Woods (English)
- Rumi is a short girl with short grayish-purple hair and blue eyes. She wears glasses. She wears glasses and is usually seen wearing the Selection University Sensha-dou team uniform and hat.Little is known about Rumi, except that she was a high school student from Jatkosoka before enrolling college and is the commander of a M26 Pershing with a blue triangle painted on the front side.
St. Gloriana Girls High School
- Main Article: St. Gloriana Girls High School
St. Gloriana Girls Academy (聖グロリアーナ女学院 Sei Guroriāna Jogakuin) is a British styled academy from Kanagawa Prefecture, where the girls are often seen drinking tea, even in combat. Their inventory consists of several British World War Two tanks. Their insignia is a Escutcheon containing an image of a tea set with “Hibiscus syriacus” flowers. St. Gloriana was the first team to ever face Ooarai, this happening in a practice match prior to the national tournament and have been one out of two teams that actually defeated Ooarai, this happening twice, the other occasion was during an exhibition match. They give a tea set as a gift for opponents they deemed worthy. Their battle theme is “The British Grenadiers”. Their members are named after different types of tea.
- Main Article: Darjeeling
- Darjeeling (ダージリン Dājirin).
- Voiced by Eri Kitamura (Japanese); Kara Greenberg (English).
- A senior at St. Gloriana and the commanding officer of St. Gloriana’s Sensha-dou teams. She commands a Churchill tank and is often seen with a cup of tea in her hand due to her fond with it. She has a distinctively refined manner of speech, and is fond of telling jokes and quoting sayings. She wants tankery to follow chivalrous ideals and will not fight dirty. Following St. Gloriana’s first match against Ooarai, she comes to respect Miho’s tactical skills and becomes a frequent spectator along with Darjeeling at Ooarai’s Sensha-dou matches afterwards. Her name refers to Darjeeling Tea.
- Main Article: Assam
- Assam (アッサム Assamu).
- Voiced by Satomi Akesaka (Japanese).
- A senior at St. Gloriana and the gunner of Darjeeling’s Churchill tank. Distinctive for her rolling, long locks of blonde hair, she is quiet and is usually seen smiling. She is very tactical and a predictor. In the manga MLLSD she is appears to enjoy, create and tell jokes of dubious quality, with only Hana enjoying them. Her name refers to Assam Tea.
- Main Article: Orange Pekoe
- Orange Pekoe (オレンジペコ Orenjipeko).
- Voiced by: Mai Ishihara (Japanese); Ally Piotrowski (English).
- A freshman at St. Gloriana and the loader of Darjeeling’s tank. She is often seen in the company of Darjeeling as a spectator at Ooarai’s Sensha-dou matches. In MLLSD she is closer to Darjeeling than Assam, sometimes imitating the relationship Nonna and Katyusha have. Her name refers to Tea leaf grading.
- Main Article: Rosehip
- Rosehip (ローズヒップ).
- Voiced by: Natsumi Takamori (Japanese); Stephanie Wittels (English).
- Makes her official debut in the movie, she is a speed-runner that comes from a family of eighteen members. She is spontaneous and don't look back when she wants something, according to Darjeeling, that is what St. Gloriana's Sensha-Dou lacks. She is the commander of her tank, a Crusader and the commander of St. Gloriana's Sensha-Dou Team's Crusader Platoon, having a speed governor that can be removed to prevent her from speeding up and losing control due to over excitement. She is commonly seen alone as no one wants to keep her pace. Her name refers to Rosehip Tea.
- Main Article: Rukuriri
- Voiced by: Masayo Kurata (Japanese); Lauren Hernik (English).
- The commander of a Matilda II, has attended on all battles St. Gloriana participated in Rukuriri can be slightly arrogant and outspoken at times, as seen when hunting down Duck Team and Fukuda, in the movie. She is usually seen quiet next to her commanders or chatting with other students.
- A character that was only mentioned by Rosehip during radio conversations in the movie. Apparently she is the commander of a Crusader and part of St. Gloriana's Sensha-Dou Team's Crusader Platoon. Her name refers to a flavoring.
- A character that was only mentioned by Rosehip during radio conversations in the movie. Apparently she is the commander of a Crusader and part of St. Gloriana's Sensha-Dou Team's Crusader Platoon. Her name refers to Cranberry Tea.
Tatenashi Girls High School
The main school in the spin-off manga Girls und Panzer: Ribbon Warrior, they don't own a Sensha-Dou team, but have a lot of tradition with kyudo and yabusame. They unofficially practice Tankathlon, an alternative form of Sensha-Dou.
- Main Article: Shizuka Tsuruki
- She is the commander and gunner of Tatenashi's single tank, a Type 97 Te-Ke. She has a samurai heritage and is a skilled practitioner of Japanese martial arts of kyudo and yabusame, she adapted these skills for Tankathlon, being a skilled and uncommon tanker.
- Main Article: Rin Matsukaze
- Rin is a regular student in Tatenashi and the driver of the Tatenashi's single tank, a Type 97 Te-ke. She developed an interest in Sensha-Dou after seeing Ooarai's glory, but ended in despair after she discovered her school didn't have a Sensha-Dou club. Shizuka then mentioned she had a tank on her family inventory and offered a chance to practice, when they decided to part-take into Sensha-Dou.
- Haruka is a regular student in Tatenashi, being Shizuka and Rin's classmate, but being closer to Rin. After they decided to practice Tankathlon, Haruka acts as a manager, keeping the team up-to-date and informing date, time, place and adversary of a scheduled match, for example.
West Kureouji Grona Academy
- Churchill (Black Prince)
Japan Sensha-Dou Federation
- Main Article: Japan Sensha-Dou Federation
The Japan Sensha-Dou Federation (JSF) is the governing body for the martial art Sensha-Dou within Japan. It's known members consist of directors, trainers, referees and chair-people.
- The main antagonist. He is the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and head of the JSF. He is the responsible on trying to shutdown Ooarai twice as a way to cut expenses. He is very manipulative, uses all of his available power to make his way and apparently doesn't honor his promises.
- Main Article: Ami Chōno
- Ami Chōno (蝶野 亜美 Chōno Ami)
- Voiced by Hekiru Shiina (Japanese); Shelley Calene-Black (English).
- Ooarai’s new Sensha-Dou instructor who studied under Miho’s mother. Holds the rank of captain within the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. On her first day as an instructor for Ooarai, she arrived by airdrop in her tank via Low Altitude Parachute Extraction System from a Kawasaki C-2 and sending the inexperienced teams in a practice battle immediately. She is often either on her Type 10 Main Battle Tank or on a watch tower observing the Ooarai team’s battles or working as a match announcer. She is also the leader of the judges.
Three young women from the Japanese Sensha-Dou Federation who oversee and regulate matches. Serious to the point of comicality, they keep their eyes out for any cheating or disreputable behaviour from the contestants during matches. Kanon Sasagawa appears to be the head judge.
- Kanon Sasagawa (A-Ko), Remi Takashima (B-Ko) and Hibiki Inatomi (C-Ko)
- Kanon Sasagawa (篠川 香音 Sasagawa Kanon)..
- Voiced by: Yuri Yamaoka (Japanese); Jenny Strader (English).
- The head umpire.
- Remi Takashima (高島 レミ Takashima Remi).
- Voiced by: Chuna (Japanese).
- Hibiki Inatomi (稲富 ひびき Inatomi Hibiki).
- Main Article: Shiho Nishizumi
- Shiho Nishizumi (西住 しほ Nishizumi Shiho).
- Voiced by Yumi Tōma (Japanese); Genevieve Simmons (English).
- Miho and Maho’s mother. Comes from a family with a long history in Sensha-Dou and firmly believes in upholding the strict family tradition of Sensha-Dou. She works as a chairperson for the JSF on promoting Sensha-Dou. She was Ami Chōno’s instructor.
- Chiyo Shimada (島田 千代 Shimada Chiyo).
- Voiced by: Satsuki Yukino (Japanese); Shenae'a Moore (English).
- Alice Shimada's mother. Her family is a traditional Sensha-Dou practitioner, however, their history is currently unknown. Her family Sensha-Dou strategy, the Shimada Style, lies around the ninja tactics by being unpredictable against the enemy. She works as a chairperson for the JSF on promoting Sensha-Dou.
- Kikuyo Idegami is a servant of the Nishizumi family, who was recommended to the JSF by Shiho Nishizumi. She currently serves as a scout to the Federation, seeking out participants for the International Championships. She recently recruited Emi Nakasuga to the team, encouraging her to begin her citizenship naturalization process.
- Main Article: Yuri Isuzu
- Yuri Isuzu (五十鈴 百合 Isuzu Yuri).
- Voiced by Masayo Kurata (Japanese); Emily Neves (English).
- Hana’s mother who comes from a family that traditionally practices Ikebana flower arrangement. Akin to a Yamato nadeshiko traditional Japanese woman, she has a strong dislike for tanks and disapproves of Hana choice on Sensha-Dou, telling her daughter to never see her again after Hana refused to quit. However, they reconcile when she recognizes her daughter’s passion for Sensha-Dou and its positive effect on her flower arrangement.
- Main Article: Shinzaburo
- Jungorou Akiyama (秋山 淳五郎 Akiyama Jungorou),
- Voiced by Yoshihisa Kawahara (Japanese) Christopher Ayres (Japanese).
- Yukari’s Dad. He is a local barber in the Ooarai High School ship and offers to cut the girls’ hair for free due to an overly excitement when seeing that Yukari has friends.
- Hisako Reizei (冷泉 久子 Reizei Hisako).
- Voiced by Rikako Aikawa (Japanese); Luci Christian (English).
- Mako’s grandmother who was hospitalized during the battle between Ooarai and Saunders in the national Sensha-Dou championship. She is Mako’s only remaining close family member after her parents passed away and although the two often bicker, they are very close.
- Chihiro Yusa (遊佐 千紘 Yusa Chihiro).
- Miho’s classmate in elementary school and Hitomi’s childhood friend, who is talented at sports. She indicates that her mother, like Miho’s, is very strict and impossible to oppose. She is the gunner of the group’s tank.
- She is the caretaker of the Nishizumi family house, her main duties are cleaning and washing, cooking and receive arriving residents and guests at the door. She also provided tips and advice regarding some life issues and served as Sensha-Dou match referee for the girls during their elementary school period, probably due to their friendship. She has become a member of the JSF, being recommended by Shiho. Whether or not she left the Nishizumi Family is unknown.
- Main Article: Boko
- Boko (ボコ Boko).
- Voiced by: Ayumi Fujimura (Japanese).
- Boko is the name of a fictional teddy bear franchise in Girls und Panzer. Appearing in various cameos throughout the series, receiving a more detailed introduction in the movie.
- Boko performs the part of a much-abused yet ever-optimistic victim of vicious beatings; hence he always sports some form of lesions and bandaging in his various depictions. Because of his long-suffering but enduring nature, he has become an idol and coveted collector's item for both Miho and Alice.