- "'Cool'... Is that important in Sensha-Dō? The most important lessons in life are all condensed into Sensha-Dō. But most people don't realize that."
Mika is an average height girl with brown hair and a pair of light brown eyes. She wears a Finnish väinämöinen hat and carries a kantele with her at all times.
She is a calm and refined lady who often gives cryptic proverbs, similar to Darjeeling, but unlike her, she doesn't explain them. Mika is a carefree spirit who seems very independent.
It is revealed in Drama CD that under this charming lady hides a thief. She kept a KV-1 lent by Pravda instead of returning it and after the match against Selection University she "borrowed" some of the rations kept in the University's reserves (a possible reason for why they left before the end of the match). Although this attribute may be linked to Finland's usage of captured enemy equipment and tools.
Mika is mentioned in the 6th OVA during the greetings from other schools over Ooarai's victory in the 63rd National High School Sensha-Dō Tournament.
She then appears with Aki observing the match of Ooarai/Chi-Ha-Tan vs Pravda/St.Gloriana. She joins the Ooarai Compound Team against University Select. Along with Aki and Mikko in their BT-42, she helps the Hetzer, CV.33 & Type 89 taking off the Karl-Gerät by distracting and dispose of its Pershings escort. She is later seen in her boat along with Aki and Mikko, but doesn't stay until the end of match (this is probably because she "borrowed" some of University's rations and doesn't want to deal with them if they notice).
- She always brings a kantele (a Finnish string instrument) and often plays the Säkkijärven Polkka on it.
- Mizushima tweeted that her kantele music acts as "active sonar" for her crewmembers that didn't reach the tank's visors. It's unknown if said tweet was canon info or tongue-in-cheek.
- Was joked about being related to the Shimada family by some of the fans of GuP. This theory is non-canonical but there are several very interesting similarities.
- Both their appearances and personalities are very similar.
- Display great prowess in Sensha-Dō.
- Extremely aloof in general.
- In an official illustration, they are both at the beach with the Nishizumi-sisters.
- Like her teammates from Jatkosoka, she might be inspired in one of The Moomins, original Swedish Mumintrolls characters, with Mika being Snufkin.