| Spoiler warning!|
This Wiki contains detailed information regarding the Girls und Panzer universe.
Proceed with Caution!
- "This team is seriously terrible."
- ―Shizuka Tsuruki, watching a Tategoto training match
Tategoto High School is a minor school in Girls und Panzer Ribbon Warrior.
Behavior & Policy
While the students are enthusiastic, they are inexperienced, quite clumsy and rather mediocre at shooting. They will rather improve later under Shizuka Tsuruki's guidance.
One of the school's speciality is the making of Thanaka cosmetics in powder or paste form. It is worn by the students on their faces or sold to raise funds.
All tanks they have are only other schools' unwanted leftovers such as the Type 95 Ha-Go.
As they are a newly formed team, they haven't any particular tactics.
If they have one their schoolship's appeareance is unknown.
Tategoto's uniform consists into Thanaka on their face, a white shirt with Tategoto's logo on the shoulder, black shorts and sandals.
Little is known about it's past except that the school may have been under St. Gloriana's guidance since Aung mentioned they manage to gain their independence from them and that permit them to resume Sensha-dou.
But gaining it's independence has it's drawbacks since they have no funds. Aung and the rest of the team tried to earn funds through Tankathlon matches.
Tategoto girls were heavily discouraged by this humiliating defeat but regain some courage by teaming up with Centipede Team against Anzio Girls High School. However Shizuka's price to participe alongside them is if they lose their Sensha-do club will be disbanded. On this match Tategoto fielded ten Type 95 Ha-Go with Centipede's Type 97 Te-Ke.
They improved a lot on this fight managing to shot down some tankettes. They were in high spirit, Shizuka proposed to act as a bait to permit Aung-san and his tank to rush on Anzio's flag tank. But Tategoto's high spirit was short-lived as they falled into Anchovy's trap and were slaughtered by a CV.33 tankette armed with a 20mm AT gun.
From this defeat Tategoto's Sensha-do club was disbanded only to be reformed in the mud.
Tategoto High School has only one character of note.
She's is the overall commander of the newly restored Tategoto High School Sensha-do Team. She appears in all occurrences of Tategoto High in the Ribbon Warrior Manga.
- Their logo consists of a harp over a circle filled with yellow, green and red.
- Their name Tategoto (竪琴) means Harp in Japanese.
- The harp is reference to the Saung a traditionnal Burmese/Myanma instrument.
- The colors of their logo (Yellow, Green, Red) is a reference to the Burmese Independence Army flag (the only difference is the Saung replacing the peacock).
- The school gained their independence from St. Gloriana, just like Burmese Independence Army (BIA) who cuts the bridges with the United Kingdom in December 1941 to fight them alongside the Japanese Empire to gain their independence.
- All their members seems to wear Thanaka on their face which is a traditional cosmetic widely use in Burma/Myanmar.
- The name of the commander is a reference to Aung San a Burmese revolutionary who created The Thirty Comrades an embryo of the futur BIA.
|Schools in Girls und Panzer|
|Schools in The Anime Series||Anzio Girls High School ♦ Kuromorimine Girls High School ♦ Ooarai Girls High School ♦ Pravda Girls High School ♦ Saunders Girls High School ♦ St. Gloriana Girls High School|
|Schools in Der Film||Chi-Ha-Tan Academy ♦ Jatkosota High School ♦ Selection University|
|Schools in The Mangas||BC Freedom High School ♦ Bellwall Academy ♦ Bonple High School ♦ Gilbert High School ♦ Maginot Girls' Academy ♦ Tategoto High School ♦ Tatenashi Girls High School ♦ West Kureoji Grona High School|
|Schools in Supplemental Material||Blue Division High School ♦ Count High School ♦ Gregor High School ♦ Koala Forest High School ♦ Maple High School ♦ Viggen High School ♦ Viking Fisheries High School ♦ Waffle Academy ♦ Yogurt Academy|